- There is only one God, the creator and preserver of all things, omniscient and omnipotent, infinite in being and perfection, and existing eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who are of one essence and equal in power and glory. Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30
- God revealed Himself to man in the person of Jesus Christ, who is fully God (divine) and fully man, and who existed with God in creation, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, lived without sin,died for our sins, rose from the dead, ascended to heaven and is coming again in power and glory to establish God’s purposes of resurrecting all, redeeming the faithful, and ruling in righteousness. John 10:30, Matthew 1:18-32, Isaiah 7;14, Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Mark 16:19, Acts 1:11
- God is present in the world today in the person of the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, draws us to faith in Christ, and bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. He indwells us, regenerates us, guides us, empowers us to manifest the likeness and character of Christ, and gives spiritual gifts to the Church for edification of all. John 16:18, Ephesians 4:30, Romans 8:13-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16 and 12:7, Galatians 5:22:15
- The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God, and is authoritative in revealing the will of God and the way of salvation to all persons. It constitutes the only infallible guide in faith and practice. It is without error. II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus are born again by the Holy Spirit through the Word of God, and thereby become the children of God. Therefore, we do not approve of, or accept, the cults and secular teachings of the Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Unitarians, New Age, Satanists, Christian Science, Scientology, or other cults and secular groups that do not accept Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- Man was created by God and in the image of God, freely able to choose right from wrong and responsible for his choices. Tempted by Satan, man rebelled and separated himself from God. Therefore, all men are born with a sinful nature and have need of reconciliation with the Holy God. Genesis 1:27, and 2:7, Genesis 3, Romans 3:10-18
- Christ provided this reconciliation by His death on the cross for our sins. It is by grace through faith in the shed blood of Christ that we are saved, and not by works-- a gift to those who repent and believe. This faith is evidenced by a life of faithfulness. Romans 3:22-24, James 2:17, Ephesians 2:8-9
- The bodily resurrection of Christ is a historical fact without which “our faith is in vain.” All men both saved and lost will also be raised from the dead. Those who reject God’s grace are separated from God forever. The saved will worship God and fellowship with Him forever. John 11:25-26 and 5:28-29, Luke 24:6-7.
- All believers are brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ. They are children of God. Christ established the Church to take the good news to all mankind, to provide fellowship and nourishment for spiritual growth, to share in teaching the Scriptures, and to worship our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 12:46-50 and 28:18-19, Romans 8:14 and 15-27, 1 Corinthians 12:12-14, Galatians 3:26-28, 1 John 5:1-2, Hebrews 10:24-25 and 13:15, Ephesians 4:12, 1 Peter 3:15
- We believe that God creates each person as male or female. These two distinct genders reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27). Furthermore we believe that the gender God created a person, is not for us to change.
- We believe that God ordained marriage to be between a man and a woman as outlined in Scripture. The marriage relationship should be a single, exclusive union, as scripture denotes. (Genesis 2:18-25) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.(Hebrews 13:4, I Corinthians 6:18)
Polk County Christian School glorifies God through excellence as a Christ-centered educational environment, that emphasizes servant leadership with a Biblical Worldview.